Thursday, August 31, 2017

PRAYER FLAGS 9" x 12" Stencil



Because of the sharp angles in their designs, I've sometimes paired my 9" x 12" stencil Prayer Flags with another 9" x 12" stencil of mine, Mimosa.  Below are three close-ups showing imprints on stretched canvas; in all three, Mimosa was used first, then Prayer Flags was imprinted over it.






These first three, above, were created with a technique demonstrated in the Absentee Artist chapter of Creative Paper Art by Nancy Welch; also it's shown in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form (available at Cheap Joe's Art Supplies.) 

Below is an imprint using the full Prayer Flags stencil.  My substrate was an old calendar page which I first painted with translucent green gold acrylic paint.  After that dried I placed the stencil over it.  Then I loaded a sponge brayer with heavy-body gray paint and ran that over the stencil.  




Today's post closes with two more close-ups of Prayer Flags imprints on stretched canvas.  This time, I used the subtractive/reductive technique to make prints.  I've posted step-by-step directions for this technique, with photos, here.  





To see all of my stencils, please visit here.





To follow this blog by email, please sign up in the upper right sidebar.

Thanks for your visit here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment