Monday, January 22, 2018

HOT AIR BALLOONS AND MASKS on Pre-Printed Background Materials


Today's post shows more of my art made with my new four-part release, Hot Air Balloons and Masks.  This new release comes in two sheets -- one 6" x 6" sheet and one mini-sheet measuring 4" x 4".

Although these two sheets come in two sizes, the stencils and masks are identical in design, as shown here --


Above:  the stencil is on the left.  The mask is on the right.

Note:  A mask "masks" -- that is, hides -- everything that you place under it.  The function of a stencil, on the other hand, is to give you an imprint of an image that can contain more details than a mask can.  In this case, the image is a hot air balloon with three vertical stripes.

Each of today's pieces was created on papers that had been prepared in advance with a variety of methods, all explained below.

Above:  This background was created on Yupo, a thin synthetic material with a slippery surface.  I used this sheet of Yupo to make a monoprint with white, blue and lavender watercolors.

Above: This background was created with a large rubber stamp that I had carved, imitating a design I had seen online; the original design was created by Sherrill Kahn. 

Above:  This background was made with spatter paint and my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls.


Above:  This background was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Webbed Medallion.

Above:  This background was likewise created on Yupo, a thin synthetic material with a slippery surface.  I used this sheet of Yupo to make a monoprint with blue watercolors.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  

To see the multiple pages of my 72 stencils, please visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment