Friday, March 16, 2018

9" X 12" NOSEGAY Stencil with a Think Spring Theme


Spring is coming!  Let the flowers bloom -- if not yet outdoors in the garden, then indoors in the art journal!

Today's post features Nosegay, a 9" x 12" stencil, which I used on two papers, one a white-painted page from an old encyclopedia, and another a paper dyed with watered-down leftover paints.






In printing both papers, I used the quick and easy approach of loading a sponge brayer with heavy-bodied acrylic paint.

Below is an example showing the way I load the sponge brayer.
   



But this time, instead of running the brayer thru just one color, I ran it over several colors that I'd lined up on a disposable foam plate.

This is the way I got the multi-colored results shown above.  

Similar results could be achieved using a Gelli Plate spread with a "rainbow" of acrylic colors.

To follow this blog by email, please check out this option in the upper right sidebar.


I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.  You'll find lots of flower stencils included!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment